I LOVE podcasts. I remember the first time I listened to one about 5 years ago. A friend had recommended podcasts so I gave it a try. I had no idea what a podcast was. I tapped on the podcast app for the very first time. I remember clicking on a random podcast and listening for a few minutes and then clicked stop. I guess I just didn’t understand it and also I needed recommendations. After some research, I finally found podcasts that I enjoyed listening to and now I listen to podcasts almost daily.
I am sure by now you have heard of podcasts or know about them. Podcasts are great tools for learning. I love listening to a variety of podcasts. It is a great way to learn about topics that you are interested in. I also love podcasts because it is amazing to hear different perspectives on different topics from a diverse group of individuals.
There are podcasts for EVERYONE.
When you first tap on the podcast app, it can be overwhelming. Podcasts have grown significantly over the past 4 years and there are SO many to choose from. My top tips for finding the perfect podcast to listen to are:
- Get recommendations from friends or family– See what your friends and family are listening to.
- Research– When I was trying to find podcasts to listen to, I would simply look up “best podcasts for health and wellness”. I found SO many recommendations online.
- Find what you are interested in– I love listening to different perspectives on so many different topics, but especially health and wellness. There are podcasts for every type of interest. Find what you enjoy learning about, and base your research on that genre.
Here are my favorite podcasts:
- The Almost 30 podcast by Lindsey Simcik and Krista Wlliams– This was the first podcast that I consistently listened to (and still do). These girls bring on the most diverse guests for interviews (which is amazing for getting 360 degree views on different topics). They also cover a large variety of topics. They cover astrology, sex, spirituality, health, wellness, aliens, lifestyle related topics, self development, entrepreneurship, etc. You name it, they cover it. This is at the top of my list because this podcast has helped me grow in so many ways. I truly recommend this podcast to anyone.
- The Be Well by Kelly by Kelly Leveque– This one is a newer podcast, but it is amazing. Kelly covers everything from hormone health to creating a non toxic home. This podcast is focused around health and wellness, and her guests are some of the biggest names in the health and wellness space. The guests that she brings on offer such a dynamic point of view on health and wellness. I recommend this podcast if you are interested in all things health and wellness related.
- Kaitlynn Carter’s The Bright Side– This podcast is new and there are only a few episodes so far. This podcast is focused on optimism and positivity. Kaitlynn brings on guest that offer unique perspectives on turning bad situations to positive situations. You’ll get to hear motivating and inspiring stories from guests like Rachel Zoe to Whitney Port. I love this podcast. It is unique and covers a wide variety of topics. I recommend this podcast to anyone looking for a positive outlook on life..
- The Joe Rogan Experience– This one is on Spotify. This podcast features so many celebs. You’ll get to listen to so many inspiring stories from people like Miley Cyrus and John Mackey (the CEO and cofounder of Whole Foods). This one is an amazing listen for anyone wanting a deep learning experience. The podcast episodes run anywhere from 2 hours to 5 hours so it is great for listening during road trips!
- The mindbodygreen podcast by Jason Wachon– Mindbodygreen is an amazing website that offers insight into so many different topics in the health and wellness space. The podcast is focused on sharing conversations about wellness. Jason covers everything from longevity to gut health. This podcast is so informative, and it is great for those interested in health and wellness.
This might be your first time exploring podcasts. Maybe you’ve heard about them and you are wondering how you can make time to listen (as most of them run on average 45 min – 1.5 hours). I started out listening to podcasts in the car during commutes to work I generally had about a 25 minute drive to my work place so I would start a podcast on the way to work and finish it on the way home. I also love to listen to podcasts on my way to run errands. When I am at home, I will listen to podcasts while I bake and prep dinner. Here are some other ideas for fitting podcasts into your daily routine:
- Listen while taking a bath. I do love nice relaxing music while I bathe, but I also do enjoy listening to a podcast in there as well!
- When you get a break at work. Instead of scrolling social media, check out a podcast! There are always new episodes to check out!
- During your morning routine! Listen while you get ready in the morning or while you sip your morning coffee.
- Listen while running errands! Of course you will want to use headphones so you don’t disturb others. Listening to a podcast while grocery shopping will help to make the trip a little more enjoyable! Also please be aware of others around you when you have headphones in!
- On a walk. Whether you are walking the beach or a park, walking is the perfect time to listen to a podcast. I myself prefer running to music, but you do you!
- Listen while cleaning! Listening to a podcast makes cleaning so much more enjoyable!
- Road trips/travel. What better way to kill time other than listening and learning! Save a few on your listening device prior to travel!
I am always exploring new podcasts and exploring new topics. There are truly so many podcasts out there, especially because of the popularity podcasts have seen over the past couple years. My best advice is to find a few and listen. You’ll most likely know right away if it will be a good podcast for you. Listening and learning is so important for growth and self development. We should always be learning! Learning and listening is just as important as eating healthy foods!
Who knows maybe I will even start my own podcast!
Let me know your favorite podcasts below!