Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
Luxurious. That is the one word that came to mind when I tested out True Botanicals newest product “Pure Radiance Sugar Exfoliating Body Scrub”.
The Pure Radiance Sugar Exfoliating Body Scrub is packed with organic fine grain sugar, kaolin clay, sandalwood powder, hemp seed, jojoba seed and green tea seed. If you are reading that list of key ingredients then you totally understand what I mean by luxury in a jar.
The Pure Radiance Sugar Exfoliating Body Scrub promises to deliver amazing benefits such as:
- Sloughing away dull and dry skin cells while revealing smooth and glowing skin
- Gently removing dry skin without stripping the skin of it’s natural oils thanks to it’s natural humectant properties from organic sugar and plant-derived glycerin
- Protect, nourish and support the skins barrier function thanks to the scrub being enriched with EFA’s (emollient fatty acids)
Here is how True Botanicals recommends using this scrub:
- Pre- saving– massage into damp skin in vigorous circular motions over dry areas and areas prone to ingrown hairs
- Foot and hand treatment– Use on damp skin and revive dry or rough skin on hands and feet
- Keratosis Pilaris (tiny bumps on skin)- Use on damp skin every other day on areas with keratosis polaris. Massage the scrub into the area in circular motions and follow with Nourishing Lotion or Pure Radiance Body Oil post shower
- General use– Use 1-2 times a week on damp skin. Massage in circular motions all over the body focusing on dry and rough patches
- Elbows, knees and heels– Use every other day in these rough spots. Massage vigorously on damp skin
So after receiving this product I had to try it right away. Upon opening the jar, I was taken back by the incredible smell. This scrub is scented with essential oils such as orange peel, cedar wood and sandalwood. If you are into “at home spa days”, this will take your spa day to another level. The scent is soothing, grounding and relaxing. It is basically like nature bathing in a jar if you can envision that. I first used the scrub on my hands to test it out. The results on my hands alone were incredible. It is winter time, so my hands are a little drier than usual. After scrubbing all over my hands, I was left with super soft and moisturized skin. So I then proceeded to use the scrub all over my skin in the shower. I like to focus the scrub on dry areas on my legs and arms. I could definitely feel the sugar in the scrub working to slough away dead skin cells. I was left with very soft and smooth skin. What I love about this scrub is that it left a silky, supple and moisturized finish to your skin (results that are hard to find in traditional body scrubs).
True Botanicals is a company founded by the brilliant Hillary Peterson who is changing the game in skin care (in my opinion). True Botanicals is proof that you do not need chemicals to see results. Their formula is MADE SAFE® certified which means that is is made free of 5,000+ toxic ingredients (that are known). Not only are the ingredients in their products non- toxic, they are also packaged in sustainable packaging. They are also shipped in sustainable packaging as well! For more information and to read their full story head to their website!
All photography/images used on this blog post came from True Botanicals Website