Give your pup a treat they will drool over! I made these on a whim and my pup, Inyo LOVES them!
There are so many perks to making homemade dog treats! They contain zero preservatives and are made with 100% love. Plus you can add in certain foods catered to your dogs specific needs.
Here is what I added to my dog treats:
- Parsley- it works as a breath freshener and stomach soother for dogs
- Turmeric– Anti-inflammatory (great for dogs with arthritis and chronic bronchitis)
- Peanut Butter– Healthy Fats and protein
- Oats– Filled with vitamins and nutrients as well as fiber to keep your dog satiated
- Honey– Adds sweetness and immune boosting properties, also great for dogs with allergies
- Coconut Oil– great for skin coat, improving digestion, and improves allergies.
Try out these treats for your dog and let me know how much your pup loves them!
Makes 20-22 cookies
2 cups oat flour
1 cup oats
1/2 cup unsweetened and unsalted peanut butter
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup finely minced parsley
1/4 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp raw honey
pinch of himalayan salt
Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together until well combined. Then begin scooping out 1 1/2 tbsp batter, form into desired cookie shape and transfer to the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven, let cool completely and give your pup some cookie love!